Trump Calls Relatives of Injured Military Personnel to White House
Former President Trump announced on Sunday that he has invited the relatives of a Guard member tragically killed last week to attend the White House.
He mentioned that he contacted her family and they were “deeply grieving”.
Background on the Heartbreaking Event
Specialist Sarah Beckstrom, twenty years old, was lost her life in a shooting on Wednesday in Washington DC.
Her comrade, Staff Sgt Andrew Wolfe, twenty-four years old, is still in the hospital in critical condition.
Gatherings across the state have taken place in their remembrance.
Presidential Invitation
The commander-in-chief stated he’s talked about a White House visit for the loved ones of both members of the state National Guard.
“I told them: ‘When you’re ready, because that’s a hard experience, visit the White House. We’re going to honor Sarah,” Trump told the press. “And similarly with Andrew, no matter the outcome.”
Community Reaction
Attendees assembled over the weekend at a local school in the state to honor Beckstrom.
Both she and Wolfe had been working with the West Virginia National Guard as part of the president’s national effort to support law enforcement in DC.
Paying Tribute to Beckstrom
“She was the individual that teachers wished for. She behaved with inner fortitude, a warm expression and a optimistic attitude that encouraged people around her,” Jarrod Hankins, the head of her previous school, informed the Associated Press. “She was caring, compassionate and always willing to support those in need.”
Service details for Beckstrom are yet to be finalized.
Legal Actions and Government Changes
Authorities have charged a twenty-nine-year-old individual from Afghanistan with a charge of first-degree murder and charges of violent assault while carrying a weapon.
The event led the Trump administration to halt refugee claims and temporarily stop issuing entry permits to holders of Afghan passports.
Condition of Wolfe
Andrew Wolfe, a resident of the city, enlisted in early 2019 and is a graduate of Musselman high school, as reported by the news agency.
He remains under medical supervision and is “fighting for his life”, the state’s leader Patrick Morrisey mentioned on a news program.
Attorney general Bondi stated on Fox News Sunday that she aimed to meet with the family.
Impact of Sarah Beckstrom
Beckstrom, from her hometown, completed her education from her high school in mid-2023 and began her service not long after, working as a MP with distinction, as stated by the state guard.
“She had a lot of compassion and she definitely had bravery,” Morrisey addressed the audience at the memorial. “Though her time lasted far too short, she has made an impact that’s going to be remembered always.”